Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Making Bail

"No matter who they are, at some point, they've all had diarrhea."  -My Mother, Darlene

My mother is a very grounded person.  She likes to make snide remarks like the one above to remind people who they are.  In stressful or nerve racking situations, she's known for saying things like "they put their pants on the same way you do."  As funny as my mom can be, she's also a giver.  I admire her desire to give back...I think we both have a burning desire to change the world -- that and my ultra good looks (note the sarcasm) are two things I got from my momma.  But really, we do look EXACTLY alike.  We can't go anywhere together without someone reminding us!

Mom, in one of her many charity endeavors, has decided to be "locked up."  She's going "behind bars" to help in the fight against Muscular Dystrophy. She's raising a "bail" of $3200.  Now, remember that burning desire to change the world?  Well, this is where mine comes in.  Mom always sets reasonable, attainable goals.  However, I know that I have some awesome readers out there who are dying to give back to help those in need.  I know that you all would love to support my mom in her efforts to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy association.  I'm challenging mom's goal.  I think she low-balled herself.  I think that my mother can raise $5000 in the next month for the MDA.  And I believe that you guys can make it happen.

She doesn't know that I'm posting this.  She hasn't asked for my help.  I have a feeling I'll be getting a phone call around noon tomorrow when she realizes that this post is live telling me to take it down because she'll be embarrassed if she doesn't meet her goal.  I'm not going to do that.  I believe in you all and I believe in her.  She can do it.  You can help.

Here's the link to donate securely to her cause through the MDA: CLICK HERE!!!

Remember every penny counts!  Also, it's a tax write-off. (;  Thank you all so much for your support!
"Every breakout leads to another breakthrough!" -MDA Lockup Fundraiser Slogan

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a brilliant plan! And, for the record, I'm going to need to plagiarize your Mom's line about diarrhea. (Odd question: in this context, do I capitalize the "M" on "mom"? I'm brain dead for today, as you can see...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves it when people quote her... She wouldn't mind at all!!

      Delete