Friday, May 31, 2013

Junspiration: 30 Day Challenge

"Mom" posted this week that she is taking Matt Cutts' 30 Day Challenge.  In short, she is going to exercise for 30 days before she leaves Bahrain and heads back to the states and if she skips a day, she has motivational consequences in place (if you'd like to read the entire post, click here).  I've never seen Cutts' Ted Talk, so I decided to go watch it and was rather inspired by the concept of making a lifestyle change or even just obtaining a small goal in 30 days time.  So I started thinking, what would I like to do that I could reasonably try for the next 30 days?

I'm going to attempt something I'd like to call Junspiration (June + inspiration: get it?).  I'm going to blog every day for the next 30 days.  Now, keeping this goal reasonable, I'm not going to be posting every day.  For the month of June, I will work on my blog every single day, but I will only be posting every other day.  That's one day to write, one day to edit and post.  15 total posts, which is more than I've ever done in a single month.

Through this process, I'm hoping to gain a deeper understanding of myself.  I think that if I'm forcing myself to write every day, I'll have to dig deeper and deeper to find new things to write about.  I'm pushing myself to discover new emotions and feelings...new perspective and insight.

Pick something for the month of June that you'd like to add or subtract from your life, and do it!  Commit 30 days to trying something new or to quit something old.  I'd love to hear what you want to do with your next 30 days!

"In my 30 days, instead of my months flying by, forgotten, the time was much more memorable." -Matt Cutts

In case you're interested, here's Matt Cutts' TED Talk:



1 comment:

  1. Leah! This is a great idea! I have decided to do the 10,000 steps option. Looking forward to hearing how it is going.

    ReplyDelete