Friday, June 5, 2015

New Beginnings

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." -Helen Keller

Today is the day.  Today I will turn in my notice and begin preparing for a new adventure.  Although, I'm not quite sure how to feel about it.  I'm very sad to leave my home here in Asheville.  I believe that I live in the most beautiful city in North Carolina and making the decision to give that up has been incredibly emotional for me.  I've also invested myself in new friendships that I'm not prepared to leave.  I have some amazing people in my life here.  I have the type of friends I know I can call at 11pm and say "I'm lost somewhere in Tennessee and my phone is about to die, can you tell me how to get home?" (yes, this has actually happened) and they're always there - not only giving directions, but also lending support to keep me calm.

Asheville is also quite the resourceful area.  Nature is our playground here.  I will miss being able to step outside, point any direction, decide that's where I'd like to explore and know that something amazing awaits me.  I've seen waterfalls, rivers, mountain tops, mile high swinging bridges, ziplines, kayaks, wild bears, you name it - we've done it!  And it was all so beautiful.  The amazing things we've discovered in this city have captured my heart and truly become a part of who I am.  These are much more than activities - it becomes a way of life.  Leaving that saddens me.

However, sometimes life hits you and it says "it's time."  Maybe it's not forever, but it is for right now.  I'm going to be with my family while they experience some pretty tough changes.  It will be nice to be close by when the tragic phone calls come rather than 3 hours away knowing there's nothing you can do to help.  I'll be in school there, I'll work there, and hopefully I'll find something to love about it as much as I love Asheville.

So, here's to 3 more weeks of fitting in every last adventure I can.  And then here's to beginning a new one...




No comments:

Post a Comment