Thursday, October 2, 2014

Brother Wolf Animal Rescue

"You can't rely on how you look to sustain you.  What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion for yourself and for those around you.  That kind of beauty inflames the heart and enchants the soul."  -Lupita Nyongo 

One thing that I consistently crave is feeling connected and my favorite way to satisfy that craving is through a random act of kindness.  Something about the act of giving ignites a part of me that is unstoppable.  Knowing that my time, energy, money, effort, etc has made a difference makes me feel alive.  In my weakest moments, being able to do something good makes me feel a little more whole.



Today's photo is of a donation receipt.  Jordan and I spent some time picking out and purchasing items for a local, no-kill animal shelter called Brother Wolf Animal Rescue.  It's one of our favorite places to donate and one of our favorite local charities.  You can find out more about them here, if you're interested.  

I'm thankful for a soul that's ignited by the opportunity to do something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment