Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Milo: A Coping Skill

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."  -Josh Billings

Milo is my coping skill.  I don't think there's anything in this world that brings me more joy than knowing that he exists.  Coming home to his tiny feet pitter-pattering down the hall and being attacked by thirty kisses as soon as I walk through the door is enough to put air in my lungs some days.  I adore him and the joy that flows through him.  He's my boy.  He's always got time for a nap or a walk.  He's always willing to cuddle.  And he always knows exactly what I need.

I am more thankful for him in my times of darkness than any other time.  He is loved.  He is ALWAYS loved.  But he is appreciated, in every little way, when I am depressed.  His cuddles mean more.  His presence is more significant.  He wears this role proudly.  He knows he takes it on.  I am thankful that my coping skill always has my back.


"The only creatures evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants."  -Johnny Depp

No comments:

Post a Comment