Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 11: Following Courage

A friend sent me a link to a blog yesterday and I must admit, I was extremely intrigued by the title of the blog: Discarded Daughter.  The name is simple, but so full of pain and worthlessness.  The words hurt me to hear, but are strangely beautiful.  I like to read other blogs, but not too often because if I have too many on my list, I won't keep up with them all.  However, the friend that sent me this is a fellow blogger and I very much enjoy her writings, so I clicked.  The title of the post that came up was "My Name is Courage."  I knew, from that, that I was going to be a follower.  I immediately began reading through.  It seems to be a fairly new blog, but what was posted was awesome!  I'm very excited about Courage and her upcoming posts.  So, I'm sure you're wondering by now where you too can read about Courage...Well, if you'd like to follow the story of a girl raised in a very Christian home as a true follower of Christ who eventually became "discarded" because of her sexuality, then click here!

I'd also like to link someone that I've been following for a while now.  This is the friend that sent me the link to Discarded Daughter.  She writes a bit of everything, mostly surrounding around human rights.  She's a very witty person and I love her style.  Actually, I'm surprised I haven't mentioned her before!  She's an anonymous blogger, which I think is super awesome.  It's hard to describe her blog because it's really applicable to everyone, but especially those with homosexual thoughts and religious convictions (because the two are NOT mutually exclusive).  One thing I really like about her is that she writes about the world and things around her, not just her life.  It's refreshing and I always learn something while browsing her.  Give her a glance here!

Other blogs that I follow?
http://cjstmi.blogspot.com/
http://abrandnewline.wordpress.com/
http://redemptionpictures.com/
http://www.postsecret.com/
http://www.kaelynandlucy.com/

There are more that I check every now and then and if someone sends me a link to their blog directly and asks me to read it, I always do.  However, the ones I have mentioned in this post are my "consistent reads."

Changing the subject a bit, I have a quick update...tons of good news, really!  We found the newest member of our family.  Her name is Lucy.  She's a 6 pound Shitzu, that will be around 10 pounds when we get her back up to a healthy weight.  We rescued her from a shelter and she's the sweetest little girl.  Milo loves her. Jordan adores her!  She's been a great addition!  Also, Jordan has a new job and it's been a wonderful adjustment for us.  We work about 15 feet away from each other now and we're saving SO much time and money by carpooling to work.  She likes the job much more as well!  So, there are good things happening here in the Poole household!

I know this post is very different from my usual, so in honor of my usual writings, I'll end with a spoken word poem:

"But I have seen the best of you and the worst of you and I choose both ."

4 comments:

  1. Leah! Wow! Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm really glad you enjoy my blog--I do enjoy writing it. It kind of won't leave me alone, if that makes sense. And isn't "Discarded Daughter" intriguing? She's just getting started, too. An excellent contribution to the blogosphere!

    Congrats to JPoole for the new job, and to both mommies for the new puppy.

    Question: how is your health? Still dealing with pain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My health got better, then worse. I'm sick now and have been all week, but I was doing well last weekend :( I'm on some crazy roller coaster. New symptoms that I'm sure you don't want to hear about. Old symptoms are worse. In constantly freezing which just makes me mad. I've been wearing thick sweaters all week in this 80 degree weather. Right now I'm in sweats, a tshirt, and a double layered cotton sweater. I'm normally hot natured, so being cold is really strange for me. Anyway, we thought we knew what was wrong and fixed it... But it hasn't actually helped. At all. Soooooo, back to square 1? I'm surviving on pain meds for now.

      You are great and so is discarded daughter! I really enjoy reading both of you.

      Mr. Milo is begging to go to bed! Email me soon!!

      Delete
  2. I will be checking these out. It blows that you're feeling bad again, wish I could do something to help. At least you have some really good stuff going on too. Congratulate Jordan on her new job and the new addition to the family. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love them!

      I know -- I'm ready to feel consistently well again. It's hard to be so busy when you don't feel well :(

      Jordan says thank you! Lucy is doing awesome! Her and Milo are sleeping right now ;) They're too adorable!

      Delete